SHINE Medical will deliver safe, clean, and affordable radioisotope production to diagnose and treat heart disease and cancer. SHINE uses a patented manufacturing process that offers it major economic advantages as it does not require a nuclear reactor, uses less energy, and is greener (270X less waste vs. a reactor-based facility). SHINE’s onshore manufacturing facility will enable the company to offer a more secure supply of the critical isotope at an enormous cost advantage to overseas production. We followed up on our Series B investment into this $40M Series C-3 led by Fidelity Growth Funds.
Glympse Bio has created superior technology to detect disease, offering a better alternative to biopsies. Glympse uses synthetic biological sensors that can be administered by needle, aerosol, or orally. These detectors travel through the body looking for specific disease, whose byproducts are then excreted through urine and analyzed. The Series B was backed by life sciences investors Section 32, Charles River Ventures, Polaris, and ARCH.
Tembo Health provides a telemedicine platform that connects nursing home residents with specialized care providers through an intuitive video chat platform. This enables patients to access convenient, high-value specialty medical care at a safe distance. The Seed-Plus SAFE round was led by Bloomberg Beta Founder and General Partner Karen Klein, an AVG top seed investor, who previously backed Tembo.
Wasabi provides open, reliable, and easy-to-use cloud storage. Wasabi’s cloud storage is six times faster, but only 1/5 the price of Amazon’s S3. It remains plug-in compatible with all applications that work with S3. Existing investor Forestay Capital took the lead of the Series B2, doubling the amount it originally planned to commit.
How Syndications Are Chosen
Syndication opportunities are sourced by our 40+ full-time investment professionals and our Office of Investments, headed by our Chief Investment Officer. All opportunities have passed our diligence process and are being invested in by one or more of our funds.
Typically, only about 5-10% of our investments are offered to our Syndicate—normally when we are able to acquire a larger investment allocation.
How It Works
- We’ll notify you about the Syndication opportunity and give you access to our portal with information about the opportunity (due diligence, terms, company presentation, Investment Committee call recording, etc.) and a reservation form.
- Typically you have about a week to decide if you want to participate.
- At the close of the offering, we will confirm your investment amount. If the opportunity is oversubscribed, you’ll generally receive a pro-rata allocation.
- Funding is usually due 1-2 weeks after the syndication closes. We accept ACH and checks.
- We provide a bi-annual update on companies that were syndicated, and any of your syndicate investments will also be listed in your AVG Investor Portal.