Venture capital is one of the most challenging industries to break into.
The AVG Venture Fellow Program is a one-of-a-kind career accelerator and educational experience.
It is the best on-ramp to a career in VC.
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of the Venture Capital industry
- Networking and mentorship opportunities working with our fund managing partners and teams
- A robust, self-paced, remote academic curriculum to learn core skills
- Access to an amazing community of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, investors, and operators
Alumni Ventures Group is committed to increasing opportunities for underrepresented groups, promoting gender, racial, and ethnic diversity in the venture industry.
By the Numbers
Graduates of elite universities have completed the AVG Venture Fellow Program.
Career Acceleration Within 6 Months
Program graduates rapidly move into careers in venture or entrepreneurship post-completion.
Diverse Participation is Part of Our Mission
We believe that increasing participation in the venture industry will deliver better outcomes for the industry.
What Our Fellows Say
“The Venture Fellow Program provided me with an incredibly rare opportunity to turn what was a nascent interest in venture capital into a meaningful career transition into the industry. Thanks to the flexibility of the program, I was able to take on meaningful projects that often proved to be more helpful during my VC interview process than the work I was doing at my full-time position. Everyone on the team has been a phenomenal mentor and reference and, more than any other organization at Dartmouth, Green D has allowed me to remain connected to the College and fellow alumni.”
“It is an understatement to say that the Venture Fellow Program has been an incredible experience. As a lifelong, passionate learner, I couldn’t have asked for a better opportunity during this phenomenal phase in technology. I get the opportunity to not only observe innovation so closely but also contribute to the progress of our society.”
“The Venture Fellow Program played an important role in my career transition to venture capital. It is a unique opportunity to gain relevant experience, demonstrate interest, and build a network in the VC industry. The flexible hours and work schedule make it possible to be a part of the program even with a strenuous full-time job. The expertise of the team, in combination with their willingness to help, plays a large part in the value of the program.”
“The Venture Fellow Program was key in expanding my professional network and forming connections for future job opportunities. Through the program, I have been able to establish relationships that benefit Blue Ivy Ventures and build our Yale alumni community base, but also I have received resources from the program that have served me well in building my career in the renewable energy industry.”
“The Venture Fellow Program was a critical stepping-stone for my career in the financial sector. It gave me the opportunity to crystallize my understanding of the private investment sphere and learn the mechanics of capital raising. My experience was not only fulfilling from a personal growth standpoint, it was the leverage that I needed to land a subsequent role in the private equity industry.”
Provide an unprecedented opportunity to learn venture capital.
Open to all qualified candidates. Working to level the playing field in the venture industry.
Get hands-on experience in the VC industry and build your network.
How is the program structured?
The program is a 12-month structured educational experience. It is 100% remote and is designed to be flexible to accommodate your schedule.
Semester 1: Months 1-6
- Learn via our foundational VC101 Required Curriculum
- Get to know to Alumni Ventures Group, our funds, and our partners
- Network with successful alumni of industries relevant to VC
- Introduce your fellow alumni to our funds and communities
- Facilitate introductions between investors, entrepreneurs, and our deal teams
Semester 2: Months 7-12
- Get hands-on investing experience with our fund management teams
- Complete due diligence on live investment opportunities
- Learn and engage in deal sourcing (finding investment opportunities)
- Research exciting new companies and technology