AVG is stage and industry agnostic, aiming to create diversified venture portfolios that include investments from a variety of industries, from pre-seed to pre-IPO stage. We are also exclusively co-investors, meaning we don’t lead rounds, negotiate terms, or sit on boards. Below are some of the criteria we consider when evaluating an investment opportunity:
- Lead Investor – Who’s leading the deal, and what kind of experience do they have with this industry? What is their demonstrated conviction?
- Team – Expertise in the industry, startup experience, success, and history of team cohesiveness
- Company Traction / Performance – Given the stage of the company and the amount of capital it has raised, how much traction has it achieved to date?
- Market Dynamics – The factors that impact the business model of the company
- Deal Structure – Structure of the investment and valuation
With AVG’s model, we’re able to run an extremely low-friction process for the management team.
- We don’t negotiate terms – we invest alongside leading VC firms on the same terms and conditions
- We don’t request board or observer seats
- We do one capital call and write one check, regardless of how many of our funds invest in the round
Flexible Check Size
AVG has a flexible investment range, which allows us to work well as a complement to other investors, rather than a competitor:
- We can flex our check size depending on the dynamics of the round and the needs of the company
- Given our complementary nature with other VCs, we’re often able to make introductions and to use our extensive network to add value to the company
Raising Capital? We'd like to hear from you!
Submit Your Company for Funding
Once you submit your information, we will review the details. If the opportunity fits our investment model and our current portfolio needs, then one of our investment teams will reach out to schedule a call.