Benefits of Venture Investing Part 4: Innovation Economy
February 17, 2021 | Jeannie Masters
When you imagine the venture capital industry, you might immediately think “high risk,” “exclusive,” and “elite.” While it’s true that this asset class is high-risk/high-reward, serious firms conduct far more diligence than TV would lead you to believe, and venture is an asset any individual accredited investor can own.
There are a number of financial and inspiring reasons to consider adding VC to your investment mix. At AVG, we have compiled a list of five compelling reasons to consider venture investing. Today we will discuss reason number four.
Reason #4: Get a Front-Row Seat to the Innovation Economy
Many investors find venture capital exciting and a window into “what’s next.” It’s filled with game-changers, high-tech innovations, and business models that are disrupting industries.
Here are just a few examples of venture-based startups from AVG’s portfolio that are making an impact:
- Taking on COVID: Kinsa, Tembo Health, and many others are doing great work to tackle problems caused by the virus.
- Making deep tech leaps: Capella Space is making vital information about our planet more accessible, while others are pushing the boundaries of quantum computing, 5G networking, and next-generation composites.
- Proving the power of science: Frore Systems and hosts of others are relying on science to break through boundaries and solve tough technological challenges.
- Protecting food supplies: Ag-innovators like EnkoChem and FarmWise are making contributions to crop-protection and sustainability.
- Delivering treatment: Notable Labs and SHINE Medical are improving the effectiveness and efficiency of cancer treatment, while Tempest and Sondermind are revolutionizing the delivery of care for addiction and mental health.
VC TIP #4
If you love learning about new technologies, innovation, and disruption, becoming a venture investor is an experience you are likely to enjoy. Venture capital investment gives you a front-row seat to what’s new and next for our world.
Financial and Inspiring Reasons to Consider Adding VC to Your Investment Mix
Check out a recent guide, titled Five Compelling Reasons to Start Venture Investing, to discover all five in-depth benefits of adding Venture to your portfolio.
DISRUPTING THE VENTURE INDUSTRY
Alumni Ventures Group (AVG) is democratizing the venture asset class by offering a path for accredited individuals to own an actively managed, diversified venture portfolio (about 20-200 investments per fund), co-investing alongside experienced VC firms.
Not sure if you’re accredited? Here’s how to easily find out.
For Important Disclosure Information, please refer http://avg-funds.com/Disclosures.