Why Venture Clubs
Venture Clubs offer an engaging venture investing experience that keeps choice in your hands. You decide which club, AVG fund, and deals to participate in.
- Form an AVG club with the group that you assemble, or join an existing club that’s open to new members.
- Invest in any AVG fund (if you haven’t already) to enjoy a 1-year Syndication membership.
- Supplement your fund portfolio with the Syndication deals of your choice. Syndications are deals being done by AVG funds where we have negotiated extra allocation; more here.
- Optional: Source, vet, and propose promising ventures for your club or AVG to consider investing in.
- Some clubs may eventually evolve into a fully staffed AVG fund.
Examples of Types of Clubs
- Alumni chapters and clubs (e.g., regional clubs)
- Angel groups or existing venture groups
- Executive education and business school classmates
- Women-in-business groups
- Corporate and alumni associations
How It Works for New Clubs
- Club President fills out the Apply Now form to kick off the discussion.
- We explain the process via a call or Zoom. If we both agree it’s a good fit, we move forward.
- We assist with setup, materials, and group pitch (call or meeting).
- Founding Members (3-5) sign up over one month, though clubs can enroll new members at any time.
- A club is assigned a Sponsor Alumni Fund by AVG to help mentor the group and assist with any deal sourcing. This Sponsor Fund is chosen for geographic, background, or other affinity with your group.
- Club members invest in a core venture portfolio, choosing from any AVG Fund—although many select the Sponsor Fund.
- Founding Presidents earn a 5-year membership in the Syndicate; Founding Members 2 years; other members 1 year (from your fund close).
- The club launches, and members start reviewing deals on a private club platform set up by AVG.
How It Works to Join an Existing Club
- Browse the list of open clubs.
- If you see one or more that you are interested in, fill out the Apply Now form and submit.
- We’ll get back to you about club availability and connect you with the President or an AVG Senior Partner.
- We will then assist you in investing in the AVG Fund of your choice (if you’re not already an investor) and onboard you to your club.
Active Venture Clubs
Investors are invited to apply for membership in any Open Clubs that interest them.
- Deal Talk. Run by AVG’s Office of Investing and open to all investors. Serious deal talk only.
- Ring. Open to all Texas A&M Alums. Because you don’t mess with Aggies.
- W2W. Run by two AVG investment team members. Women discussing deals with other women.
- Ocean Avenue. An East Coast family fund.
- Elm Street. Our CEO’s Club.
- Fellows. Club exclusive to our AVG Fellows.