Why Venture Clubs
Venture Clubs offer an engaging venture investing experience that keeps choice in your hands. You decide which club, AVG fund, and deals to participate in.
- Form an AVG club with the group that you assemble, or join an existing club that’s open to new members.
- Invest in any AVG fund (if you haven’t already) to enjoy a 1-year Syndication membership.
- Supplement your fund portfolio with the Syndication deals of your choice. Syndications are deals being done by AVG funds where we have negotiated extra allocation; more here.
- Optional: Source, vet, and propose promising ventures for your club or AVG to consider investing in.
- Some clubs may eventually evolve into a fully staffed AVG fund.
Examples of Types of Clubs
- Alumni chapters and clubs (e.g., regional clubs)
- Angel groups or existing venture groups
- Executive education and business school classmates
- Women-in-business groups
- Corporate and alumni associations
How It Works for New Clubs
- Club President fills out the Apply Now form to kick off the discussion.
- We explain the process via a call or Zoom. If we both agree it’s a good fit, we move forward.
- We assist with setup, materials, and group pitch (call or meeting).
- Founding Members (3-5) sign up over one month, though clubs can enroll new members at any time.
- A club is assigned a Sponsor Alumni Fund by AVG to help mentor the group and assist with any deal sourcing. This Sponsor Fund is chosen for geographic, background, or other affinity with your group.
- Club members invest in a core venture portfolio, choosing from any AVG Fund—although many select the Sponsor Fund.
- Founding Presidents earn a 5-year membership in the Syndicate. Other members have a 1-year membership.
- The club launches, and members start reviewing deals on a private club platform set up by AVG.
How It Works to Join an Existing Club
- Browse the list of open clubs.
- If you see one or more that you are interested in, fill out the Apply Now form and submit.
- We’ll get back to you about club availability and connect you with the President or an AVG Senior Partner.
- We will then assist you in investing in the AVG Fund of your choice (if you’re not already an investor) and onboard you to your club.