VC/Unpacked #9: The VC Twitterverse
February 17, 2021 | Mike Collins
This series curates great content that folks interested in entrepreneurism and venture capital should explore. Some are from my own must list; others have been suggested by our community.
Have a recommendation? Tell us about it.
Hi AVG Community,
Twitter contains a universe of minds — and that includes a robust representation of venture capitalists. They run the gamut from provocative to thoughtful, inspirational, optimistic, and contrarian. Below I offer some recommendations on reliably good accounts to follow, as well as a few meta articles about venture capitalists on Twitter. For those who don’t have time for books or even podcasts, this is a great way to plug into venture trends, philosophies, and opportunities.
– Mike Collins
These VC firms consistently share great insights:
VC partners and investors are also an invaluable source of wisdom. These are some personal accounts that I follow:
- Benedict Evans (Venture Partner at Mosaic Ventures and Entrepreneur First, Former Partner at Andreessen Horowitz) – @benedictevans
- Bilal Zuberi (Partner at Lux Capital) – @bznotes
- Bryce Roberts (Co-Founder and Managing Director at OATV and Indie.vc) – @bryce
- Chris Fralic (Board Partner at First Round) – @chrisfralic
- Jay Kapoor (Investor with LaunchCapital) – @jaykapoornyc
- Josh Elman (Former General Partner at Greylock) – @joshelman
- Leo Polovets (General Partner at Susa Ventures) – @lpolovets
- Li Jin (Founder and General Partner at Atelier Ventures) – @ljin18
- Marc Andreessen (Co-Founder of Andreessen Horowitz) – @pmarca
- Sarah Cone (Founder and General Partner at Social Impact Ventures) – @sarah_cone
- Semil Shah (Venture Partner at Lightspeed, Investor with Haystack) – @semil
- Sheel Mohnot (Co-Founder of Better Tomorrow Ventures) – @pitdesi
Here are some entertaining reads on the VC Twitter sphere:
- Parody Twitter congrats account is blocked and loved by many (Protocol)
- The most popular tweets by venture capitalists in Q3 2020 (Verdict)
- The art and science of VC bios on Twitter (Let Me Know How I Can Be Helpful)
- And the heavily debated: Why is VC Twitter so peculiar? (Marginal Revolution)
Alumni Ventures Group provides smart, simple venture portfolios with community to accredited individuals. PitchBook listed AVG as the most active VC firm in the U.S. during Q3 2020.