Venture investing for double-bottom line investors
We invest in ventures that have a positive social impact by searching for good investments that directly support good causes such as sustainability, education, community building, economic opportunity, poverty alleviation, and more.
- Returns of impact investing are comparable to those of conventional funds (Cambridge Associates)
- In some instances, social impact investment performance has been even stronger than returns experienced by other funds (Cambridge Associates)
- Impact investing is anticipated to grow to more than $300B by 2020 (McKinsey)
How it Works
Data-driven and process-based investors
Deal Sourcing and Diligence
- 50+ investment professionals sourcing deals out of 5 offices
- Supplemented by eyes & ears support from our network of 450k alumni
- Data-rich and process-based diligence with rigorous deal scoring
- Experienced and specific Investment Committee support
- Co-invest alongside world’s best venture investors
- Every deal sourced by one of our alumni funds is screened to determine if it fits within the Social Impact Fund investment mandate
- AVG’s centralized investment team, led by our CIO and office of investing, makes investment selections from the potential deals to optimize diversification by stage, sector, and geography to create a portfolio of 30-40 deals
- Social Impact Fund portfolios are constructed over a period of approximately 12-18 months and represent a mix of deals sourced and sponsored by our alumni funds
Smart, Simple Venture Investing
Open to All Accredited Investors
- Portfolio consists of 20-30 companies, diversified by stage, sector, and geography within the investment mandate
- Venture portfolio professionally managed by our experienced investment team
- Co-Invest alongside the worlds best venture investors
- $50K minimum investment
- Online signing process takes just minutes
- World class support from our Investor Relations team
Social Impact Fund Portfolio
Made possible by our 50+ investment professionals and network of 450k community membersThe bottom line: access to great venture deals
Co-investing alongside top lead investors
Our Secret Sauce
The world’s most powerful deal flow network
450k alumni of top universities engaged in our venture ecosystem.
MOST ACTIVE VC FIRM
AVG was recognized by PitchBook as the most active VC firm in the U.S. in 2018.
Invest in deals most individuals never know about or get access to.