Finding Value in Markets Across the U.S.
The Frontier Fund seeks out investments across the U.S. to take advantage of more attractive, risk-adjusted valuations in regions that represent the rising frontier of venture.
- Data shows that 70% of venture capital investment goes to companies in three states – CA, NY, and MA
- Statistically, the bulk of your returns in VC will come from a small number of deals. Therefore, investors need a large number of deals (25+) to maximize the odds of seeing a home run, and diversify to minimize risk
- Regions outside of the big three offer lower operating costs and more attractive valuations
- Exit multiples by U.S. regions: Northeast 3.89x, West 4.29x, South 4.35x, and Midwest 5.17x
How it Works
Data-driven and process-based investors
Deal Sourcing and Diligence
- 40 investment professionals sourcing deals out of 5 offices
- Supplemented by eyes & ears support from our network of 350K+ alumni
- Data-rich and process-based diligence with rigorous deal scoring
- Experienced and specific Investment Committee support
- Co-invest alongside world’s best venture investors
- Every deal sourced by one of our alumni funds is screened to determine if it fits within the Elite Engineers Fund investment mandate
- AVG’s centralized investment team, led by our CIO and office of investing, makes investment selections from the potential deals to optimize diversification by stage, sector, and geography to create a portfolio of 30-40 deals
- Elite Engineers Fund portfolios are constructed over a period of approximately 12-18 months and represent a mix of deals sourced and sponsored by our alumni funds
Smart, Simple Venture Investing
Open to All Accredited Investors
- Portfolio consists of 20-30 companies, diversified by stage, sector, and geography within the investment mandate
- Venture portfolio professionally managed by our experienced investment team
- Co-Invest alongside the worlds best venture investors
- $50K minimum investment
- Online signing process takes just minutes
- World class support from our Investor Relations team
Frontier Fund Portfolio
Made possible by our 50+ investment professionals and network of 550k community membersThe bottom line: access to great venture deals
Co-investing alongside top lead investors
Our Secret Sauce
The world’s most powerful deal flow network
550k alumni of top universities engaged in our venture ecosystem.
MOST ACTIVE VC FIRM
AVG was recognized by PitchBook as the most active VC firm in the U.S. in 2018.
Invest in deals most individuals never know about or get access to.